Friday, December 17, 2010

Tweet Tweet

Twitter. Up until about 3 months ago it was just social media jargon to me.
But now it has become a part of my life, minute by minute.

I started up my own Twitter account a couple of months ago to get a feel for it all. It was just really practice for the FoodFun Twitter account but it got my feet wet and realizing the potential of this social media tool.

And now I am on Twitter all day long. It's the first thing I check when I wake up and the last thing I do before I go to sleep. It is addictive for two reasons:

1. To make great connections.
2. To stay up to date and in the know

From making great editorial connections to finding out about new restaurants and sales, Twitter keeps me updated. This morning it also brought some sad news about the suspicious death of a young Montreal man. Throughout his disappearance Twitter was a huge tool in searching for his location.

It's amazing what this new medium has done. But also a bit scary.

Where do you draw the line between your regular life and Twitter life?

When do you unplug and stop multitasking?

I wish I knew the answers. Hopefully with time I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment