Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
- Cirque du Soleil Tapis Rouge portfolio, pen and passport case
- Treehouse 99.5% natural bath products for kids including bubble bath, body wash, leave-in-detangler and a 2-in-1 shampoo
- Dans un Jardin Pois de Senteur Maman leg gel and firming cream
- Ecoseeds Queen Cleome and Ballerina Poppies flower seeds
- Joe Fresh Style body wash, lip glass, glycerin soap, eye shadow and cosmetic bag
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
The last page of September's Parenting magazine featured this cute top ten list that I thought was worth sharing:
Reasons You Fell in Love with Your Baby (and Out of Love with Your Old Boyfriend)
1. His endless babbling
2. He loved snuggling in your bed - but always wanted to go back to his own crib
3. His way of spending hours roaming around the house naked, his pouchy belly hanging out
4. The wet, sloppy kisses
5. He was content to lie quietly and gaze at his navel as you did all the housework
6. His birthday gift to you was simply a wilted flower
7. His idea of dancing was to bend his legs and bob up and down with a goofy, self-congratulatory grin
8. His smell
9. You could always count on him burping right after he finished a meal
10. The fact that he'll never love anyone as much as he loves his mommy
Sleep. It occupied all of my waking thoughts for the first 8 months of Hannah's life. And there were definitely many waking hours...
Numerous Ferber attempts, lots of crying, a sleep sheep, a sleep sack...we tried it all and it eventually worked. I admit, I was partly to blame for the problem with nursing to sleep and co-sleeping but we made it through and now get a good 12 hours of a sleep night.
So why am I always so scared that we will have sleep problems when not in our usual setting? I think those 8 months tainted me to think that Hannah is a bad sleeper, when she really is not. Maybe its maturity, maybe its routine, but I think most of all, it is adaptability.
Yes, I can finally say it. My daughter is highly adaptable to different situations. In the past 2 months she has encountered a number of irregular events but her sleeping has continued to be constant and she, a happy little girl.
1. Our vacation- yes, it wasn't the most relaxing of getaways but Hannah slept well in the hotel, even for naps.
2. Moving into my parents' house. Hannah has never spent a night there but she slept so well. Even better than at home. Why did we wait so long for a sleepover at grandma and grandpas? Time to start!
3. Driving to Stowe at 7:30 on Friday night. Yes, every animal was named in a drawn-out version of Old McDonald but she eventually fell asleep and stayed asleep through the border until we arrived. A quick change into PJs and she was back asleep until 8am.
Impressive, don't you think? I do.
Time to start making those travel plans...especially before we hit the 2 year mark and flying is no longer free...
Friday, August 20, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
I cashed in our highly coveted Pampers Gifts to Grow points for a 20 page Shutterfly book.
While we have thousands of photos from her first year, there are only 1000 flagged images. The best of the best.
We were able to filter those down to 50 odd photos. But in the process we both got reminiscent and teary eyed. Time has gone by so quickly. She is such a big girl now, even compared to her birthday in March.
Makes you want to just squish those baby days and smell in the scent of a newborn. I actually said last night "I want 72 babies".
Better get cracking, right? Or just keep making books so we never forget every day that she grew, laughed and smiled.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
If you're not familiar with the concept, Yeh Yogourt is a self-serve frozen yogourt shop. You walk in, and pick from your choice of flavours (original, mango, pistachio, cherry...) You then head over to the toppings bar where you can choose anything from fresh fruit to chocolate covered pretzels to graham cracker crumbs to gummy bears. You then place your container on the scale and pay $0.48/ounce.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Toys from Katkaland