Monday, March 7, 2011

Birthday Bonanza

Yesterday we celebrated Hannah's 2nd birthday with a party for her friends and family.

Wanting to keep it somewhat low key we reserved a place at Le Petit Gym in TMR and invited about 10 families to celebrate with us. 45 minutes of running, jumping, bubbles, parachutes and a bouncy station and the kids were in sheer delight. Then pizza, veggies, cake and fruit made it that much sweeter.

I think the photos below pretty much sum up the whirlwind of wonderful fun that Hannah (and her parents) had.

The one thing I do want to talk about is the presents. In my last post, I said that I didn't want Hannah to be overwhelmed with gifts but I think what I really meant is that I didn't want Hannah to have bags full of plastic presents set upon her. So while I fully intended on letting her open only a few gifts post-party, I peeked in all of the bags and was completely impressed. I guess I was expecting our living room to be full of plastic, cheap presents but our friends and a family surprised me. The gifts were educational, paper-based, creative, recycled, and most of all fun! One family even made a donation to the Montreal Children's Hospital.

So I take back everything from my last post. Being a birthday party virgin I obviously had no idea what to expect. And I'm sure not all 2nd birthday gifts are like the ones we received. Guess that just goes to show that my values are very similar to my friends (guess that's why we like each other :) )

So without further ado, here are some snapshots from birthday #2.

Yummy!

Make a wish!

Not exactly my vision for Minnie Mouse but a 2 year old really doesn't care about design :)

Bouncing!

Bubbles!

Happiness!

Special Moments!




2 comments:

  1. Glad it was fun!
    I think we have different definitions of low-key :-P We just had immediate family at home for brunch. Smart of you to have it outside the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year we did just family. This year we wanted to include her friends. Trust me, I think this was pretty low key. I could have gotten the two tier fondant Minnie Mouse cake for $350!

    ReplyDelete