Friday, September 2, 2011

Memories in the Making

At the early hour of 8am tomorrow morning our family will be assembling in Westmount's Murry Hill park with a slew of wardrobe changes for a family photoshoot.

Some may find it strange that we're taking photos just weeks before baby #2 makes his/her debut but we wanted to savour just one more moment of being a family of 3 (plus 1 furry tailed friend).

And, selfishly I also wanted some belly shots to remember being pregnant (as I have a feeling this will be my 2nd and last time sporting a belly).

Montreal seems to have been invaded with some very talented photographers including renowned maternity photographer Mellanie D. Her work is amazing. You look at her bump shots and see sexiness all over them. And while I have written about her in the past, her rates are unfortunately slightly out of my league.

We lucked out for our wedding by having an amazing photographer who provided us with a high-res CD of all of our images, so paying for prints is a bit of a foreign concept.

So was I ever thrilled to discover Ella Photography. While not a maternity/newborn photographer her style and portfolio have just the look we are going for. Kids, pets, families....outdoor smiles.

Here are just a few of my favourites that I hope we can replicate:





So hopefully the weather will be on our side tomorrow as we have already rescheduled once thanks to hurricane Irene.

As soon as we see some proofs I'll be certain to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment