Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Quiet Before the Storm

I just spent 20 minutes on my deck reading a magazine. In the quiet. In the sunshine.

It was fabulous.

It hasn't happened once in the past 2.5 years.

And it probably won't happen again for some time.

I'm working from home this week, my last week of work before officially going on (a working) maternity leave. Cramps and sleepless nights last week made me realize that I needed to slow down and this seemed like a great compromise.

And the timing couldn't have been better since yesterday's doctor's visit left me with the knowledge that I am 2.5cm and 70% effaced. So the minute those contractions start up, off to the hospital I go. Good thing its only five minutes away.

So I'm calling this week the quiet before the storm. Wrapping up work, getting organized pre-baby (cells for life, bag packed...) and unfortunately still showing our house. We have an approved offer on our condo but have to wait until Friday for the financing to come through. And the owners of the house we want to buy are on vacation until Saturday so nothing is happening on that end either.

It's quiet.

But in a matter of days (hopefully) or weeks, there will be a new baby in the house, a sold sign on the lawn and the task of packing boxes.

Ya, I think I'll end this post here and go back outside. Just a few more minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment