Friday, June 10, 2011

4 in the Bed...

Two nights ago there were four of us in bed.

Me, the husband, Hannah and the dog.

By the end of the night, I ended up sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed, freezing cold.

I think we have finally discovered the solution to our bedtime woes though. Yes, the door lock is one of them but the other seems to be for mommy to get out of the house.

Last night I went to see Water for Elephants with two friends (both who had also read the book) and Hannah went to bed with little complaint and ended up staying there the whole night. Daddy seems to have the magic touch. That, or the bad behaviour just comes out for mom.

I think its a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

Hannah had no school yesterday so my mom babysat. She had a big day planned of buying the dog a birthday gift at Safari (while looking at the animals), lunch at the Rockland food court and a nap in the car. Well, I advised her not to bring along the stroller since it would just be dead weight when chasing after Hannah.

But the report at the end of the day? Hannah was an angel.
Had mom been the activity planner I'm sure it wouldn't have been so easy.

So I'm starting to think that with the warm weather finally upon us maybe I'll make it a nightly habit to go for a nice walk around bedtime. I'll get my exercise and Hannah will actually sleep.

Wonder what dad will think about that. If it means not waking up to 2 little feet in his face I think it just might go for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment