Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kiddie Menu

Dealing with the heat and humidity and being 7 months pregnant does not make me want to log many hours in the hot kitchen.

Needless to say, some of our meals the past month have been lacklustre. But after a very colourful dinner and some whole wheat banana muffin making, I think I've gotten re-inspired. Mainly to feed my family healthy food but also to start stocking my freezer for early October when I won't have the time to cook.

So the subject of food got me thinking. Yes, Hannah is a good eater but her palette is quite limited. Yesterday, we went to Music in the Park and the little girl next to us was snacking on strawberries and nectarines. Sounds delicious right? Well, Hannah wouldn't touch either of those fruits with a ten foot pole.

She definitely eats her fruits & veggies but the list is very limited:
  • Apples
  • Bananas
  • Cantaloupe
  • Honeydew
  • Watermelon
  • Avocado
  • Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Sweet potato
  • Potato
Yes, I should be thrilled that there are some nice green veggies in there. And I am. I just really want to expand her horizons.

She supposedly eats cucumbers and tomatoes at daycare but says they are yucky and won't eat them at home. I always offer her the fruits and veggies we eat but she refuses.

I know it can take up to 10 tries to like a new food (all of which she liked when she was a baby) but how do I actually get them into her mouth?

No comments:

Post a Comment