Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Sweet Ending

Food Revolution Day came and went and with 6 weeks of intense planning I couldn't be happier with the result and the events that I put on for Jamie Oliver's Food Foundation.

And now with life settling back to normal, news that I received earlier in the month is finally sinking in. Sweetspot, the website I have been writing for over the course of the past 7 years shut down. It was an abrupt ending with literally no notice that has left my freelance writing career on the fence.

A deep sense of panic had me networking within minutes of hearing the news and I now have many prospects on the horizon as well as a new gig writing a What's Happening column for Urban Expressions.

While there is a definite void in my weekly writing schedule I know everything happens for a reason and now its time for me to sow new seeds and see what the future holds.

So to new beginnings...but before I officially say goodbye I wanted to share one of my last articles for Sweetmama that never ran. This one is definitely worth sharing with all you Montreal moms.


G’ymagine Opens a Fitness and Activity Centre in the Heart of the City

We moved to Old Montreal to be a true urban family. But it seems like whenever our kids want to have pure unadulterated fun, we need to head to the suburbs.

No more packing up the car and leaving the ‘hood thanks to G’ymagine. This new fitness and activity centre lies just west of Old Montreal in an unassuming space that is a whole lot of fun. Classes ($200/session) include ballet, hip hop, jiu jitsu, zumba and yoga and cater to children from four months to 12 years old.

And when class is not in session, we can always stop by to use the tumble room ($15/2 hours), fuel up at the luncheonette snack bar or sign up for a special workshop.

Now, that sounds like an urban oasis to us!

G’ymagine
1390 William (between Guy & de la Montagne)
514-419-7243






No comments:

Post a Comment