Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day Comes to Montreal


I have been busy these days. Really busy.

Sure, I have a 7 month old, a 3 year old and a dog to walk but here's what's been taking up most of my time this past month.

Through my work at FoodFun, I have been selected as an ambassador for Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Day? Sounds pretty amazing, right? But what exactly does that mean?

I am spearheading a local initiative to promote Montreal's real food scene. What is real food? Food that is locally grown, homemade and cooked with love. Nothing out of a box, bag or drive thru.

I'm so proud to share two events that I have planned and an additional two that I have encouraged here in Montreal.

The first is the Real Food Market! Would love to see you there as it will be an evening full of tasty eats that is completely accessible and affordable for all Montrealers. Visit the official Facebook page to RSVP.


The second, is an activity just for the kids.
Spring is the perfect time to get their hands dirty and learn about where their food comes from. This pea potting activity will be held at La Tasse Gamine for a nominal fee on May 19th at 10:30 am.

And lastly, Appetite for Books will be holding two events. A Jamie Oliver inspired boxed lunch on May 18 for just $10 and a community wide bake sale on May 19.

All of the proceeds from all four events will be donated to Jamie Oliver's Food Foundation, promoting food education projects worldwide.

Hope to see you at one (or all three!) of the events!

No comments:

Post a Comment