Friday, October 8, 2010

No Ordinary Nap

Hannah is doing fabulously at daycare.

Last week was the first week that I left her in the morning with no tears. Yes, she's been going for over a month but its been a very erratic schedule with just a few days a week in class.

Now, I knew going down to one nap a day would be an adjustment but I didn't know she'd be the short sleeper of the class.

I never sat around eating bonbons while Hannah took a 2 hour slumber. I was lucky to get an hour on any given day. Well, I think her teachers, who are looking after 14 other kids, were hoping to have a bit of a longer break too.

Hannah took a nap that was a whole 15 minutes on Friday. Most days I get a report that its anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes, which is about half of the time of her peers. I knew she would never jump into a super long nap but I thought her classmates might have a bit of an influence on her.

Guess not. But I totally understand where she is coming from. I can't imagine sleeping on a little cot (when I'm used to an enclosed crib) in a room with my friends. I'd love to just sneak in at 12:30 and see how it all really works.

Hopefully with a bit more time she'll start resting longer. In the meantime, I guess her teachers will just have to take what they can get, like I did for 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment