Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Packing up the Pump

Ten minutes per night. One ounce from both sides. These days pumping barely seems worth it.

So I have officially decided to retire my Medela Freestyle. I do believe I got my $400 worth (with more use to come with future children) but the day has dawned to pack it up back into its so-called chic carrying case.

With a tally of 20 bags (2oz each) in the freezer, I figure my supply will surely last me into March, when Hannah turns one and can officially have cow's milk.

With early bedtimes, a bottle is rarely needed to be given at night. So with ample supply for the occasional pre-afternoon nap bottle, it is time to reclaim the minutes between 10:00 and 10:10pm.

And with little soreness between feeds, I'm starting to think weaning will be far less painful than learning to latch.

The more painful part may be shelving the $400 price tag. Oh, to think of all of the shoes that could have been had!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny - just this week I did the exact same thing.
    Enough was enough - I was getting nearly nothing and spending so much time and energy...

    It'll be put away somewhere safe until the next little one arrives ;)

    ReplyDelete