Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tick Tock

Today we met our friends' new baby.

One month old and almost double Hannah's birth weight, he looked absolutely tiny. It was less than a year ago that we greeted our 6 lbs 14 oz daughter into the world but for the life of me I can't remember her ever being that small. Blame it on lack of sleep, hormones or denial, but I can barely picture her nestled in the bend of my elbow.

Time is fleeting. I wish I could hold on to every second. Luckily, we have over 5000 photos in our iPhoto library to capture those moments (thanks dear) but unfortunately those memories are not as vivid as I wish they were.

It would be great to freeze frame back to the days when we ourselves were in the single digits and days seemed like weeks, weeks like months, months like years. Now, they all seem to merge into one.

It really does remind us that every so often we need to take a step back, take it all in. Savour the moment. Because before we know it, they will be looking at those very same pictures, thinking how did I get myself such a nutty set of parents.

Nutty, perhaps. Loving, totally.




No comments:

Post a Comment