Saturday, April 10, 2010

MIA Mom

I have been bad. I haven't blogged in over a week. I'm sorry.

Excuses, excuses. Yes, I have many of them but let's just say this week was a bit of a whirlwind.

It started off with 27 degree temperatures in Stowe, VT for a long weekend that including everything, even a wading pool!

An early Monday morning visit with the twins I blogged about in November. After 5 months, they had their official homecoming and are doing superbly. Their mom amazed me as she is completely cool, calm and collected. I remember one baby being a handful but she has one in each hand and seems to be managing quite well!

A networking event, playgroup hostess, learning that our beloved E will be away for the entire month of May , being asked to work in an office twice a week...ah! Time to breathe!

But unfortunately, that's not so easy. Sure, it's the weekend but our nap hiatus continues. My attempts at re-ferberization have been a bust. I got lucky with one post-playgroup nap in her crib that lasted 40 whole minutes. For 3 days, I avoided going out so she wouldn't fall asleep in the car or stroller but then I had to get on with life.

It seems my 13 month old has better things to do too since she stands in her crib for an hour, twice a day, whining and pointing at various objects in her room.

So working has unfortunately become a full time night job.

There are my excuses. I will try to be better. I promise.

But must cut it short as the 40 minutes of whimpering has now turned into crying and I figure it's pointless to let her continue.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment