Thursday, April 1, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing

Just realized that I haven't posted in almost a week.

It's been a bit of a hustle and bustle kind of week with the Jewish holidays. Hannah stayed home for the first seder as it only started at 8:30 which was well beyond her usual bedtime. But she made an appearance the second night at her grandparent's house. We managed to get her to nap in the car at about 6pm and surprisingly she was full of beans the rest of the night. We thought we'd have to put her in a pack and play come 8:30 but she stayed awake until 10.

We were so impressed.

Until the next day when I couldn't get her to nap. Two walks = two naps and a mother who got absolutely no work done.

Wow, do I ever regret letting her stay up so late. Especially as I listen to her cry (going on 45 minutes now) for her afternoon nap. I thought this day were behind us but...snap...all of a sudden I seem to be doing Ferber again. It kills me to hear her cry (like it did months ago) but I've GOT to do work. And she NEEDS to nap.

I knew Ferber could get reversed with a cold or travel but going to bed late one night?

I am completely in shock.

And slightly depressed that all of those days of work seem to be but a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment