Sunday, April 18, 2010

On the Job

I have a lump in my throat. An I'm going back to work tomorrow lump.

As you know, I have been freelancing since September 09 in the hopes
of staying at home with Hannah until she goes to daycare in September
10. Well the project that has been taking up most of my time requires
more time so I have committed to 10 hours/week in the office.

Dont get me wrong. I love what I am working on and who I am working
with, and look forward to full time potential but in a way, it feels
like great things are coming to an end. Maybe it's the dreaded "mat
leave coming to an end" on a month and a half delay.

I know I will have plenty of time with Hannah but it still feels sad.
I also know that my time with her will be of a better quality as the
need to multitask will be slightly dimished. I hopefully won't have to
cram in working hours during naps and at night. But I guess I just
feel like I might miss out by not always being with her.

Yes, I heard her first word and saw her first steps, but with my
little bundle of personality there is always excitement in store.

I will hardly be a 9-5 mom (at least not just yet) but that doesn't
make going back any easier.

But who said any of this (motherhood, that is) was easy? Right? If I
repeat it enough times it just might sink in...

No comments:

Post a Comment