Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't MESS with Mommy

I like to call myself organized. Things have their places, tidy-ness is a plus and clutter is confusing.

No, I'm not a total neat freak (although my husband thinks I am when I walk around the house with a broom trying to clean up the leaves that Winston has left behind). But I seem to have gone a bit OCD now that its summer and Hannah's pretty clothes are pretty dirty by the end of the day.

Yesterday, in celebration of her grandma's birthday, she had ice cream and played in the park. That means chocolate stains and sand everywhere. Oh, and let's not forget about the morning's outdoor playgroup that consisted of muddy knees.

I know, a kid is a kid and she's going to get dirty. That's what they invented pre-treater and Baby Oxi Clean for but I can't seem to let it go.

I got laughs from the other moms at playgroup as their kids had faces, shirts and hands full of yogourt and it was no sweat off of their back. I'll admit it, I have wiped off Hannah's new white running shoes twice since we bought them on Tuesday.

Ok, so maybe I am slightly obsessed. My husband tried to calm me down by saying that I am a good stain soaker and remover but all I can think about is if we have another girl, she won't be getting hand-me-downs in clothes that are 12 months plus since they are all stain-ridden.

Maybe it's time to bring the back-up outfit back into style. I totted one around forever in my diaper bag until I realized that Hannah had outgrown it months ago. Now, it might be a daily requirement. Yep, right along with my anti-neat freak mom pill....

No comments:

Post a Comment