Monday, September 21, 2009

Bite my Tongue

That'll teach me. Think before you speak. Or better yet, wait before you type.

On and on I went about having reached our sleep time goals. Little did I know what I was in for.

Lesson #1 - Ferber or any modification of it is useless when your little one has a cold
Lesson #2- anything good you may say about sleep will just end up jinxing yourself
Lesson #3 - colds suck

There was Friday night's miserable completely inconsolable crying session between 2 and 4 am. Followed by Saturday's, giving up and bringing her into our bed.

But luckily as the sniffles tapered off, so did her restlessness and last night we were blessed with a 12 to 5 stretch.

The crankiness continues...

Amazing though how its just for mom and dad. Grandma came over today while I tidied the house and she was a model child. Playing for two hours, eating her pears, with barely a peep!

Then again she may have worn herself out from kvetching in the morning with me, followed by the poop of all poops (after 2 days of constipation) that ended up on my arm, top, capris and her entire outfit.

So lessons learned - stay away from sick children, always put a hat on when its chilly out and most importantly, keep your mouth shut when it comes to a full night's sleep.

The next time you hear about an eight hour stretch it will be after an entire week's worth, when hopefully, it will be here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment