Friday, September 11, 2009

Is there a Doctor in the House?

A pediatrician.

In my mind, a compassionate professional there to give medical attention, advice and a smile.

That doesn't sound unreasonable, does it?

We had our third visit today and it still doesn't feel right. I've learned to navigate her thick accent but the problem seems to go deeper.

She's there to take measurements and track progress but thats about it. My questions are answered with few words and I feel like I need to lead her to get the details I want.

I told her we started solids and was hoping for some guidance about it's progression but got nothing.

When the issue of teething came up she couldn't get Hannah to open her mouth so she didn't bother looking inside.

And our number one problem - sleep - was basically a white or black answer of crying it out with no grey areas for teething. I think she was even confused when I brought up Ferber's name.

So I think it's time for a change.

Do you agree?

I'd love to hear about your pediatrician's interactions with you and your little ones. Am I expecting too much?

On a happy note, I'm proud to report a 15.5 lbs., 26 inch very strong and healthy 6 month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment