Thursday, September 10, 2009

Body Moving

3 lbs to go.

Piece of cake, right?

Wrong. Sure, the number on the scale is so close to its original state but when I look in my closet I still have nothing to wear.

I couldn't figure it out. And then my mom told me what I guess I was trying to avoid these past six months. Your body changes with childbirth. So while that 3 digit number may almost be pre-baby, my body certainly isn't.

Things have shifted, and unfortunately not for the better.

Of course, the tummy is still jiggly and the boobs are on the bigger side but I guess this is the new me.

Sure, I am still counting on some changes once I stop breastfeeding, but seeing as that isn't in the near future I guess I'll just have to embrace my new found curves. And why not celebration with a little shopping spree?

First stop today Lululemon. I picked up a pair of pants and a new yoga mat (to help in the quest).

Hoping to hit up the new Forever 21 store next week (post first weekend back to school crowds). Yet slightly concerned that the slender cuts might not fit my new physique. I guess the rule of the game is to forget about the size on the label and just welcome whatever fashion finds come my way.

Hannah's closet is full of pretty things. Now, it's mommy's turn.

Ready, set, shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment