Monday, March 8, 2010

One!

Today Hannah is one year old!

1 year and 24 hours ago today I was woken at 4am with what felt like a mild case of period of cramps. Not knowing what to do with myself I got into the kitchen and started baking. The contractions came and went, and then stopped after taking a bath as per the nursing station at St Mary's Hospital. I finally made the trip to the hospital at 7:30pm and was greeted by my new baby girl at 3:30am (the night of the time change, so it was really 2:30am).

Wow. It seems like forever ago. But also just like yesterday. Luckily, the memories of my epidural wearing off at around midnight are all but forgotten.

We celebrated yesterday with a small family party. We were expecting Hannah to dig into her cake but she preferred to make a mess with her own slice rather than ruining the entire cake for everyone. So considerate!


And today, we will have a low key celebration, just the 3 of us.

Thanks to all of our friends and family for their birthday wishes. But more importantly, thanks for your support during this first year as we navigated through the maze that is parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment