Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Weekend of Wonder

This weekend we participated in Ski for The Children's, a wonderful event that took place in Stowe, Vermont with proceeds benefiting the Montreal Children's Hospital.

The day got off to a beautiful start at Mt Mansfield with perfect spring skiing conditions. I hadn't hit the slopes in nearly two years (last winter's belly bump got in the way) and the conditions sure made me feel like I had been out of it for way too long. Surprisingly, my legs aren't hurting at all after plowing through the heavy snow.

The event was a huge success with over $109,000 raised for the cause. Thank you to all of you who helped us support such a commendable event. The apres-ski took on a whole new meaning as the kiddie korner (Hannah and 3 friends) really made us realize why we were there.

We do not yet know what the Hospital will choose to do with this impressive sum of money but it will certainly go to improve the quality of care that is provided to children.

I tip my hat to the event organizers and look forward to participating in next year's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment