Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baby Steps

Baby steps - it seems to imply doing things little by little until you achieve your final goal.

Well, as Hannah makes her first baby steps she seems to be doing it anything but slowly. Always a fan of standing she has suddenly taken to walking with the help of her push cart. And I don't mean a few steps here or there. Yesterday, she literally walked from one end of the house to the other with just a little help navigating a carpet and the dog bed.

And this morning she took two steps by herself between the butcher's block and the dishwasher.

Wow! I thought I definitely had a few months to enjoy crawling before I had to worry about full fledged walking. But with the rate things are going, I think she might be making strides by the time her birthday rolls around next Monday.

As she sits beneath my computer desk pushing the printer button off and on, off and on, I really can't believe how quickly time has gone and how many milestones we have watched. Holding her head up, sitting, eating solids, saying book, waving goodbye, crawling and now standing. Makes you realize that the next few years will be even more incredible!

Maybe baby steps refers more to parenting than the child's actual development. Namely, learning how to take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment