Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Expecting Style

My best friend is pregnant and the inspiration for this post. Just a few weeks into it and waistlines are getting tight.
Time to refresh her closet for the next nine months.

Pregnancy fashion is a bit of a dilemma. You don't want to spend a bundle dressing to accommodate said bundle growing inside, but you also don't want to wear the same thing everyday. My suggestion? Invest in a few key pieces that will last the length of the pregnancy and then fill in the blanks with fast fashion items.

The Basics:

A Bella Band - for the early stages of pregnancy when you can wear your favourite jeans with the button undone.

A great pair of maternity jeans - mine were from H&M but looking back I wish I had splurged on a pair of Citizens of Humanity.

Belly Leggings - $70 might sound steep for a pair of leggings but in the third trimester I wore these almost every other day. And they were great postpartum too.

A white and black tank top - Perfect to wear under regular tops to hide that growing bump.

A few tunics to mix and match with the leggings and jeans.

My favourite maternity shopping destinations:

No comments:

Post a Comment