Thursday, July 30, 2009

Toothpicks Please

Pass the toothpicks...I need them to keep my eyes open today.

I thought sleep was back in style after the 7 hours I got two nights ago. But in the theme of mixing it up, last night started out with a 1-hour hysterical crying session and then wake up calls at 1am, 2:30am and 5am.

Trying to resist her need to suck to soothe means all the more tears. And my husband coming into the room inevitably asking "are you sure she's not hungry?" And my answer of the past month "No, she's not hungry...she went 7 hours the other night without eating..."

So I'm off to my sister's today to get her copy of the Ferber Method. With 5 months upon us I think the time has come. For me at least...

Thinking about calling our pediatrician to see if she is on board to convince the husband its not too early. I have high hopes for Ferber - early bedtimes, sleeping through the night, and the ability to fall asleep sans boob (at night and for naps).

Hope I'm not putting all of my eggs in one basket or I'll have to stock up on the toothpicks...

1 comment:

  1. Max was "ferberized" at 3 or 4 months...so you're not too early! I think it's more about when the parents can tough out the crying than the kids being ready (to be honest).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete