Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Mom's Guide to Cow-town

So while my husband was in business meetings, Hannah and I roamed the streets (and malls) of Calgary. Coming from Montreal, I guess my expectations were set high to discover a large cosmopolitan city. Well, aside from the malls, its a rather small, non-stroller friendly city.

17th Avenue was cool but I didn't feel like making the trek up the stairs to numerous stairs with the stroller. My best find: A vegan restaurant called The Coup. A yummy (and breastfeeding friendly) spot. The Greek Goddess was our meal of choice.

Another Calgary hot spot, Kensington Avenue. My great finds there: Purr Petite for kids' clothing (A long sleeve Paul Frank onesie for only $10!) and the pear honey gelato at Fiasco Gelato.

But my favourite stop of the trip was really the Calgary Farmer's Market. Delicious food, a fun atmosphere and local wares.

So all this not to say that I had a miserable time. But I think Calgary is much more age appropriate for older kids. With visits to the Calgary Zoo and Discovery Centre, your days will be full. But with a 4 1/2 month old the options and ease are quite limited.

Luckily we had a beautiful room at Hotel Arts that made us feel like a million bucks - even if we couldn't find anywhere to spend that million bucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment