Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Recap

I apologize for being MIA this week.

Unfortunately I can't really make excuses for my absence aside from sheer tiredness. It's my own fault for staying up late most nights, as a result of a new addiction with Mad Men.

So it was quite a week...

I am proud to say that bedtime now consists of approximately 1.5 minutes of crying. Yipee!!! In fact, tonight was a mere 30 seconds! I figure I can let the cat out of the bag now since we are off to NYC tomorrow and at this point I probably won't jinx myself since the pack and play will probably take care of that for us.

We also participated in a study at McGill's Polka Lab for speech. A bit nerve racking for me, hooked up to monitors, while I had to make up a creative story for Hannah about artichokes, pencil sharpeners and toothpaste, all without using their real names. In the end, she graduated with a junior scientist PhD and a fun red t-shirt.

And now our bags are packed and we're ready to hit the big apple. On the itinerary: lots of family time with cousins, visits with friends, a hunt for a long black bridesmaid dress (hopefully achieved at Loehmann's) and tons of walking in the (forecasted) 19 degree warm weather. Fingers crossed that our nights will be quiet (and full of sleep) so I will have time to post from there.

If not though, here are a few articles to keep you reading in the meantime:


No comments:

Post a Comment