Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mommy Bites

Biting. One of the most feared behaviours of parents throughout the world.

A reality in my home.

Yes, Hannah bites. But she only bites me (and occasionally her dad). Slight sigh of relief that I don't have to worry about her sinking her pearly whites into friends and babies.

But...ouch! And I have the bruises to prove it.

At first, I thought her bites were want-to-be kisses. And then I realized she knew how to kiss. So why the need to take a chunk out of mom?

I did some online research and have been using the following technique: "No biting, mommy likes kisses." Surprisingly, it has been working. Except one time which turned into a time out.

In the dark. In the bathroom. With the door closed. That lasted about 10 seconds until she broke into tears. But I think the lesson was learned.

So while the problem hasn't gone away, it has gotten better. And I have learned that I am more bitable when lying on the ground or on the couch. So I try to keep myself upright and hope that Hannah will soon become an upstanding, non-biting little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment