Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Closet full of Nothing

The day has finally arrived.

When I open Hannah's closet which used to be brimming with piles of clothing to wear throughout her first year, it is empty. Yes, all of our summer-wear is hanging neatly but when I look into her storage cubes, which use to house clothes by month, it is bare.

Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating a bit. There is a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt, 2 polos, one pair of white linen pants (what was I thinking?), and some pink pants.

That's it. C'est tous.

So while fall is still a couple of months away I think its time to get into back to school shopping mode so that my little girl can dress to impress on her first day of daycare.

Up until now she has been wearing clothes that were gifts, purchased for a great deal at Tommy Hilfiger (where I used to work and got a great discount and was privy to sample sales) or mommy finds at our favourite shops: Carter's, H&M and Joe Fresh.

But now I've got carte blanche. Yes, I do think she has a certain style. Not too girly, a little edgy but still feminine. Yes...I am talking about a 16 month old. But as a few of my friends have said, she has a style similar to her mom's (what a coincidence).

And judging by this picture she will soon know how to flaunt it...

So, where do I begin? Well, with a vacation to the States next week I am sure we will be stocking up at Target and Carter's. But I think most of it will be done online.

Probably within the hours of 11:00am and 11:10am on any given weekday morning. You read it right, I am slightly obsessed with flash sales.

Here are a few of my favourites that I am hoping will help stock her wardrobe:
And the newest addition to the kid-friendly list: Zulily

(If you need invitations to any of these sites, I'd be happy to refer you, just send me a note)

Yes, I have been known to order the wrong size from time to time but I have a good feeling about this fall.

Ready, set, shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment