Thursday, July 29, 2010

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

This week I had two very different customer service experiences:

The Bad: On June 10 I ordered a baby blanket as a gift from Totsy. Each weekend I waited to see if my package had arrived in the country. Nothing. Almost two months have passed and no blanket in sight. My order says that deliveries can take 15-20 business days so I emailed customer service. No answer. Again. No answer.

So I logged onto facebook and put a comment on their page. Alas, an answer! Of course, when everyone can see my complaint. I forwarded my order number and was told:

Thank you for contacting us about your order. We are sorry to inform you that your order did not appear on our sales report. Due to a recent problem found, many orders are not being recorded on our sales reports. We are currently working on this problem and creating a new website. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience.

A reasonable response except for the fact that my American Express card was charged on June 10th for the blanket. No answer to my email. So now I am calling the credit card company to dispute the charges.


Not happy. Totsy has some great stuff on their site but I will never be shopping from them again, and will not be recommending them to others.


The Good: Two weeks ago I had a girls' spa day in celebration of our summer birthdays. We went to the Izba Spa in the Crystal Hotel. We both had manicures and pedicures. I gave the new shade of light grey by OPI a try. The manicurist said it wasn't looking right and put on a third coat of polish. Well, before even leaving the salon, my nails started to bubble and the manicure looked terrible.


Really disappointing especially for such a nice spa with expensive prices.


So the next day I called the spa to politely complain. They explained that my manicurist was new and that she should have never applied a third coat. Without even seeing the outcome, they invited me to come for a complimentary manicure and now I am typing away with a lovely shade of lavendar.


Very impressed. Totally would recommend them and go there again.


Customer service is everything. I'm not one of those people that goes out to pick a fight but when service is good it deserves to be applauded. And when it sucks then I'll be the first to let you know!

1 comment: