Friday, August 21, 2009

Baby Steps

Success can come in small packages.

They don't have to be 10, 8 or even 6 hour packages. In my case, 4 is just fine. After multiple early night wakings she eventually fell asleep at 11pm and then woke briefly at 2am until 5:30am.

She's been sleeping in our bed since 6am...

Those few extra hours may seem paltry to some, but I am feeling slightly rejuvenated.

We tried the Pantley pull of method and it worked quite well. When I placed her down in her crib she stirred slightly but then went right back to sleep.

Funnily enough, in those early night attempts (between 7 and 11), unfortunately the no-cry solution still led to cries. Ah, the joy of loving a child who hates to fall asleep!

It's all about baby steps...I'd say we're on the right track.

A few days ago I referred to the Wonder Weeks, where big developmental changes interrupt sleep. Well, I'm proud to say that Hannah is now sitting up.

I've always been a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. And my little night owl seems to be no exception to the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment