After an hour and 20 minute nap with Hannah, we emerged to find daddy cooking dinner.
As he put the finishing touches on the meal I decided to crisp up the taco shells in the toaster oven.
Well, after all was said and done they were a bit more than crispy. More like charbroiled. Yes, the fire extinguisher made its debut as flames started jutting out of the toaster oven.
And since I am luckily a fire virgin, I was shocked to see the white powder covering my kitchen after the madness. Needless, to say I am still cleaning up. I think I have wiped the counters down about 10 times now but there is still a light layer of powder everywhere. So happy the cleaning lady came last week. So much for foresight!
Lesson learned. Never heat taco shells on both trays in the toaster oven. And never use a fire extinguisher unless you really have to (which unfortunately we did).
Things in this household just continue to keep heating up!