Saturday, August 8, 2009

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off?

Teething...it's on the way. Fingers in mouth, saliva, diarrhea, biting on mommy's nipples (ow!). Doesn't look like any teeth are breaking skin but there is definitely something looming under those gums.

So when she cries for 30-45 minutes a night is it the same old fear of missing out while she's asleep or genuine pain? We're on night 7 and nothing seems to be improving with Ferber aside from a few nights ago when she fell asleep in 10 minutes (after sleeping a total of 20 minutes since 9am).

In a moment of weakness tonight, I said f-ck the 20-minute waiting period and took her in my arms to comfort her. After she settled down she was asleep...but, as always, the minute her head hit the mattress she was in tears.

So what's a mom to do? Let her cry it out when she might be crying in pain or continue to rub her back until she is in REM and tip toe out of the room?

Maybe I have my answer as I type these final words and the crying begins to subside. Please, oh please, I hope I didn't just jinx myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment